Portland Fire & Rescue responded to reports of a house fire at 308 NE Monroe St at 3:45 a.m. Monday morning. Fire crews arrived 4 minutes later to find flames and smoke coming from the first and second floors. This home had been significantly damaged by a greater large fire next door in August. Firefighters decided, due to the damage to the home and unsafe conditions, to fight the fire from outside the home. Neighbors then reported they had seen transients inside the home on occasion. Firefighters then carefully searched the first floor and the basement and found no one inside. The fire was under control after 30 minutes. Fire Investigators have determined this fire to be arson. No one was hurt or injured in the fire.
Then at 4:48 a.m., a fire was reported at a vacant gas station at 2621 NE 7th Avenue. When firefighters arrived five minutes later, they found smoke coming from the building. When the firefighters entered the building, they found stored furniture burning inside. The fire had not extended to the building and firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. The fire was under control within 10 minutes. Fire Investigators have determined this fire to be arson. No one was hurt or injured in the fire.
At 6:31 a.m., a commercial fire was reported at 265 NE Hancock St. Firefighters arrived 4 minutes later to find the vacant portion of the building full of smoke. Firefighters quickly determined that the fire was from an electrical panel. Due to the electrical panel being on fire and the transformer outside sparking, crews waited until the power company was able to shut off the power to the building to finish extinguishing the fire. The fire was under control 15 minutes later. No one was hurt or injured in this fire.