When you work in an office you get used to all the different personalities and no matter where you go you probably see the same types of people on the job. Believe it or not, according to a new report, there are actually 10 different types of people who work in an office, and there are definitely some that are more liked and hated than others.
Business psychologist Dr. Lynda Shaw has identified the ten personalities you’re likely to see on the job, and we doubt many people will be surprised by them. They include:
- The Grafter – This person puts their head down and gets the results; a safe pair of hands.
- The Chatterbox – Someone who’s always chatting; in the office, in the kitchen, and they know everything there is to know.
- The Workaholic – The first in and last to leave, and work is their life.
- The Comedian – The guy, or gal, who’s always making everybody laugh and is the center of attention at work events.
- The Big Talker – The person who’s always taking about themselves so you’re bound to know when they’ve had a recent success.
- The Delegator - The one who passes work on to someone else as soon as it comes their way.
- The Juggler – The employee who’s juggling multiple tasks with ease, they make it seem easy.
- The Wallflower - A shy and retiring type that keeps their head down at work.
- The Micromanager – That person who needs to have their hands in detail and oversee every team member.
- The Charmer – The one who’s smooth talking and easy going; unflappable and can talk their way out of any situation.
Now not every type of employee is loved around the office. According to Shaw, The Grafter is the most common employee out there, and also the one who’s likely to earn the most respect. The other most common workers are The Chatterbox and the Workaholic. As for the workers people don’t really care for, that's the Big Talker and the Micromanager. The Big Talker tends to be the employee folks find hardest to deal with, and while folks don’t care for the Micromanager, folks do feel they need their support the most.
Source: The Daily Mail