If you’re like many people, you’ve forgotten to thaw the Thanksgiving Turkey a time or two.
There is a way to quickly and safely thaw the bird so you won’t have to worry about food poisoning or serving a late (or different) feast.
It involves cold water and your sink. But before you toss the turkey into your sink basin, there are a few things you need to know. First off, your sink is full of bacteria, so before you submerge the entree, put it in a big plastic leak-proof bag.
Next up, this will take some math skills. You need to allow 30 minutes of thawing time for each pound. Luckily, Butterball has a thawing calculator!
And finally, if your microwave is big enough, you can defrost it in there.
No matter how you thaw your turkey, always check to make sure it really is thawed! Source: Today
Thanksgiving Hacks That Really Work!
You want a killer Thanksgiving dinner so you turn to the internet for hacks. But do they really work?
Here are some that are tried and true. They’ll make your holiday guests think you are a great cook…even if you aren’t!
- Make a smoother pumpkin pie filling. Yes, putting the pumpkin puree through a blender makes it creamy smooth.
- Add a teaspoon of soy sauce to your gravy for extra flavor. You will be surprised!
- Add vodka to your pie crust to make it flakier. Just replace part of the water called for in the recipe.
- Add a little baking powder to mashed potatoes to make them fluffier. It works!
- Grate your butter when using for a pie. It mixes much easier.