Things You Need To Know Before You Get Married - This may be the month for love, but a little reality check is being offered by therapists.
“Today” asked marriage therapist Liz Higgins to offer advice to couples planning to wed. Thee are a few things you may not have even thought about that she brought up.
Before you walk down the aisle, know these keys:
- Your spouse isn’t going to complete you. You need to balance alone time and couple time.
- Be aware of expectations. If they are too high, you are in for a bumpy ride.
- You won’t always feel “in love.” It’s a great feeling, but reality steps in.
- Know your partner’s finances. If you don’t mesh, there’s work to do.
- Learn how to handle conflict.
- If things get tough, don’t call it quits immediately. Marriage is hard work. Put in the time.
Ok, now you can say "I Do".