ome of Oregon’s state parks and other outdoor facilities reopened starting May 5, Governor Kate Brown’s office said. The Columbia River Gorge and ocean beaches will remain closed as the state works with local jurisdictions on how best to approach reopening, according to the state.
Below is a list of the parks reopening to day use on Tuesday from the state Parks & Recreation Department:
- Tryon Creek in Portland
- Willamette Mission north of Keizer
- Mongold boat ramp at Detroit Lake
- State Capitol State Park in Salem
- The Cove Palisades boat ramp at Lake Billy Chinook near Culver
- Prineville Reservoir boat ramp near Prineville
- Joseph Stewart boat ramp on Lost Creek Lake near Shady Cove
- Pilot Butte to pedestrians (no vehicles) in Bend
Parks officials say other state parks will be phased in next week based on the readiness of the local communities.