*DO NOT SEND AN INQUIRY VIA PETFINDER--YOU MUST GO TO WWW.OREGONDOGRESCUE.ORG AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION--WE WILL NOT SEE INQUIRIES SENT VIA THIS POSTING!!
Meet : ROO (Its been a bumpy road for sweet Roo, please help us find her the right forever home and the adoption fee is sponsored. Thanks)
My name is Roo. I am a 1 year old Female Mixed Breed. I weigh 42 pounds. I came from Mexico last fall and was adopted right away. My family tried to work with me, but It was not a good fit. I want to be the only animal in my forever home. I just do not like sharing space with other animals. I am a high energy dog who REALLY wants to learn and be kept busy. My favorite things here are running, food puzzles, kongs and learning. I am working on building my confidence and will do well with one on one positive training. I do not love my crate here, but I never potty in it so potty training should be a breeze! I LOVE to be with my person so please have lots of time to spend with me!
I will require a securely fenced yard and a house with no kids or other animals please!
Adoption Fee is sponsored
Request an Adoption Appointment
AS OF 3/28/2022 OUR ADOPTION PROCESS IS CHANGING!
OUR ADOPTION APPOINTMENTS CAN NOW BE BOOKED ONLINE!
- We now offer next day, one hour appointments to view our available dogs, with a two dog maximum. This means you will no longer book an appointment to meet with a specific dog, but you will have the option to choose from who is available when you arrive.
- You will submit an application as an appointment request. As soon as your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email that your appointment request has been approved.
WHAT WILL THE ADOPTION APPOINTMENT LOOK LIKE?
- When you arrive at the scheduled appointment time you will be able to view our currently available dogs list by either visiting our website on your phone or looking through on our iPad. This list is kept up to date in real time, so please arrive knowing the dog you may be interested could already be adopted, but we may have a recommendation for another great fit!
- We are not a walk through facility, the dogs will be brought out one at a time to our meet and greet rooms. During your 1 hour appointment you will have the opportunity to meet with a maximum of two dogs. If one of them seems like a good match for you we will move forward with our adoption contract and you will bring the dog home with you that day.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO MY APPOINTMENT?
- Everyone that lives in your home, including the other dogs (must be spay/neutered!) are required to come to your appointment. If you are not able to bring everyone in your home to your appointment we will have to cancel.
- If you rent your home we require landlord approval. The best way to do this is to get it in writing prior to your appointment (noting any age, breed, or weight restrictions).
- If you have a leash or collar you would like to use please bring that with you. We also have a retail shop with leashes and collars for sale.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
- Your appointment request may be declined for reasons including but not limited to: other dogs in the home not being spay/neutered, you have young kids in your home when we do not currently have any dogs would be an appropriate match for young kids, or not everyone in the home being able to come to the appointment.
- We occasionally have dogs that can go to homes with kids 5 under. Generally these are puppies that are 6 months and under, or an adult dog who has a known history of living in a home with young kids.
- Please keep in mind that the staff at Oregon Dog Rescue will make the final decision on the adoption. If we feel that the dog is not right for you, we will decline the adoption. This is ultimately for your protection and the dog’s well-being.
Are you ready to adopt? View our available appointments and fill out the application below to get started!
Phone: 503 612 0111
You can also reach us via email at email@example.com — we will make sure your question gets routed to the right person.