IMPORTANT INFO: Adoption appointments for Oregon Dog Rescue are now booked online through our website (please do NOT submit a petfinder inquiry)! We offer 1 hour appointments to view up to 2 of our available dogs. If you find the one that's the perfect match you will fill out our adoption contract and take the dog home with you that day!
Read through our adoption policies and request an appointment today at www.oregondogrescue.org/request-appointment
*DO NOT SEND AN INQUIRY VIA PETFINDER--YOU MUST GO TO WWW.OREGONDOGRESCUE.ORG AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION--WE WILL NOT SEE INQUIRIES SENT VIA THIS POSTING!!
My name is Kushu. I am a 1 year old Female Aussie Mix. I weigh around 45 pounds. I was living outdoors with some other dogs but my family wanted me to find a better living situation! I am shy and will need time to learn about city life, but I really like other dogs and like to be petted. A home with a fenced yard will be best for me! (SCOTT TOM JUMPING IN HERE, Kushu is one gorgeous dog and would really be a loving loyal family member to your herd.)
Loyal, Brave, Curious, Gentle
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
GOOD IN A HOME WITH
Request an Adoption Appointment
AS OF 3/28/2022 OUR ADOPTION PROCESS IS CHANGING!
OUR ADOPTION APPOINTMENTS CAN NOW BE BOOKED ONLINE!
- We now offer next day, one hour appointments to view our available dogs, with a two dog maximum. This means you will no longer book an appointment to meet with a specific dog, but you will have the option to choose from who is available when you arrive.
- You will submit an application as an appointment request. As soon as your application is approved you will receive a confirmation email that your appointment request has been approved.
WHAT WILL THE ADOPTION APPOINTMENT LOOK LIKE?
- When you arrive at the scheduled appointment time you will be able to view our currently available dogs list by either visiting our website on your phone or looking through on our iPad. This list is kept up to date in real time, so please arrive knowing the dog you may be interested could already be adopted, but we may have a recommendation for another great fit!
- We are not a walk through facility, the dogs will be brought out one at a time to our meet and greet rooms. During your 1 hour appointment you will have the opportunity to meet with a maximum of two dogs. If one of them seems like a good match for you we will move forward with our adoption contract and you will bring the dog home with you that day.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO MY APPOINTMENT?
- Everyone that lives in your home, including the other dogs (must be spay/neutered!) are required to come to your appointment. If you are not able to bring everyone in your home to your appointment we will have to cancel.
- If you rent your home we require landlord approval. The best way to do this is to get it in writing prior to your appointment (noting any age, breed, or weight restrictions).
- If you have a leash or collar you would like to use please bring that with you. We also have a retail shop with leashes and collars for sale.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
- Your appointment request may be declined for reasons including but not limited to: other dogs in the home not being spay/neutered, you have young kids in your home when we do not currently have any dogs would be an appropriate match for young kids, or not everyone in the home being able to come to the appointment.
- We occasionally have dogs that can go to homes with kids 5 under. Generally these are puppies that are 6 months and under, or an adult dog who has a known history of living in a home with young kids.
- Please keep in mind that the staff at Oregon Dog Rescue will make the final decision on the adoption. If we feel that the dog is not right for you, we will decline the adoption. This is ultimately for your protection and the dog’s well-being.
Are you ready to adopt? View our available appointments and fill out the application below to get started!
Phone: 503 612 0111
You can also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org — we will make sure your question gets routed to the right person.