Life is a much better experience when you can happen to it, rather than always happening to you. Yeah, sometimes there are things that are out of your control, and you just have to deal with them. That said, there are plenty of things you have more control over than you realize. Here are just some of the things that can keep you from having more of a say in how much power you have over your own destiny.
- Debt – Credit card interest can drag you down for a lifetime, and the credit card companies want to get you hooked when you’re young…and will never let go of you. Life within your budget. Know the difference between what you want and what you need. Worry about debt is a self-induced crisis
- Job Hatred – On one hand, a job is a means to get you the cash to make the rest of your life livable. However, there’s no rule that says it has to be a miserable experience. There’s something to be said for finding a job you enjoy. Figure out what you love, and go for it…and eliminate that job misery and stress from your life
- What Others Are Thinking – This is something you’re never going to be able to control, so why sweat it. If you’re a good person with integrity, then there’s nothing to worry about. With 8 billion people in the world, not all of them will like you. Who cares? Live your life.
- Your Body – There’s nothing sexier than confidence, and taking care of yourself inside and out is a great way to back that up, release stress, and build a bigger, badder, better you
- Addictions – We all have demons. The key is to not let them control you. Whether you enjoy booze, substances, gambling, porn, or whatever…there’s nothing cool about being an addict, so don’t become a slave to it
- Leeches & Losers – Hang around people that make you better and challenge you. Lose those that hold you back and who are takers
- Obsession With The Superficial – There’s nothing wrong with going for what you want in life, but when you’re obsessed with some unrealistic idea of what society says is sexy, cool, and popular, you miss out of the weird and unusual stuff that can be more fun and satisfying
- Being Undisciplined – Having a good time is great, but it’s important to know when to turn off the outside noise, buckle down, and get the job done. Sometimes you’ve got to take control and focus on what needs to be done. That takes discipline
I hope you found this as interesting as I did and that you also found it useful. A big "Thank You" to Alpha M for this informative article.
(Courtesy Alpha M and Dr. Dave Show Prep)