Happy National Pet Day! Did you know 68% of American households have a pet?
The Top 5 Pets We Have:
#4 Small Critters like Rabbits, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs and such
#3 Dogs (I thought they'd be #1!)
#2 Cats (and that leaves something else on top?!)
The #1 pet in American households is....Freshwater Fish!
A few other tidbits about pets you may or may not know:
- A dog’s nose has about four-times as many scent cells as a cat’s and 14 times more than a human’s. That’s why dogs are often used to track down illegal drugs and missing persons. They can sniff out their dinner from any room in the house!
- It’s estimated that one-million dogs in the United States have been named as the primary beneficiary in their owner's will.
- A cat will almost never meow at another cat. Cats use this sound for humans.
- A 15-year-old cat has probably spent about ten years of its life sleeping.
- Dogs can donate blood to other dogs and cats can donate blood to other cats.
- Studies have shown that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks.
- Over 50% of all pet owners would rather be stranded on a desert island with their pet, not another person.
Lastly, here's a pic of the sleeping Chonga pets, Sophie Puppy and Bobbi McFeline...