We take our daily vitamins because that’s what we’re taught, but how do they work?
It turns out that’s just one thing we may not know about vitamins. Here’s your crash course, thanks to Bustle, about vitamins.
- Women played a large role in the discovery of many vitamins.
- Daily requirements of vitamins from food, not pills, are linked to longer life.
- Experts say you should look to diet first to fix deficiencies.
- Vitamin K2 may help bone density in older women.
- Vitamin D may help fight sunburn and fibromyalgia pain.
- Keeping vitamins in a humid area is not good for them.
- You need good levels of magnesium for Vitamin D supplements to work.
- You CAN have too much vitamin C.
- Genetics may make some vitamins ineffective.
You may want to dig in and research so you don’t end up just paying for colorful pee!