There are a lot of things to love and hate when it comes to work, but it turns out most folks are in agreement as to what makes a job truly great – the people.
According to a new poll:
- 84% of workers say that great colleagues are what makes a job great
- 54% of people say their co-workers make them happy on the job.
- 67% say that they have at least one co-worker they consider a close friend.
- Those who like their co-workers are twice as likely to look forward to work (86% vs. 40%).
But, there are things other than co-workers that go a long way towards making someone happy on the job. According to the survey they are:
- Salary/benefits (56%)
- Flexibility (53%)
- Sense of purpose (45%)
- Growth potential (44%)
- Learning opportunities (39%)
- Office environment/culture (39%)
- Work tasks (38%)
- Work events/happy hours (38%)
- Interacting with clients/customers (37%)
Source: SWNS Digital