While age is just a number, and plenty of us feel much younger than we actually are, there comes a time in everyone's lives when they start to feel old, and usually it’s something someone does or says that will trigger that.
Well, a bunch of folks are sharing with Buzzfeed the moment they officially felt old, and some of them are pretty hilarious, and totally relatable.
- "When I got carded at the grocery store and the clerk looked at my birthdate and declared, 'You were born the same year as my mom!'"
- "When I was explaining to a high schooler how to dial a code and then the pound sign, and she asked me, 'Is that...like...the hashtag?'"
- "I was working retail with some teenagers who were talking about Facebook, and one of them stopped mid sentence and asked me, 'Wait, do you know what social media is? Do people your age use that?' I'm 30."
- "My 10-year-old students asked me what songs Michael Jackson sang. When I answered, 'Thriller,' they asked, 'You mean the Party City commercial anthem?'"
- "When my nieces looked at me like I was insane when I tapped my wrist to ask for the time."
- "The time I asked one guy if he knew who Paul McCartney was, and he asked me if that's Jesse McCartney's dad."
- "When I agreed with the adults at a bar mitzvah that the music was too loud and that it was too dark."
- "I had to teach a 12-year-old how to use a landline phone, and when she was done, she handed me the phone, saying she didn't see the hang-up button."
- "When I threw out my back brushing butter onto puff pastry."
- "The kids at the camp I worked at asked me what a cassette was, then were disappointed it couldn't play music by itself."
- "I'm nine years older than my fiancé, so naturally my girlfriends started calling me 'Mrs. Robinson.'He didn't even understand the reference."