in #CASE you missed it... Most Diverse Cities In America
America is made up of a diverse group of people in all colors, nationalities and religions, but there will always be some cities that represent the diversity of our nation more than others.
- Well, WalletHub has just come out with a list of the Most Diverse Cities in America.
- They judged 501 of the largest cities across 13 metrics in areas of Socioeconomic, Cultural, Economic, Household, and Religious Diversity.
- So with all that in mind, the site has named Houston, Texas the Most Diverse City in America, scoring a 71.87 overall, although it doesn’t land on top or in the Top Ten in any of the catgories.
- When it comes to Socioeconomic diversity, Silver Springs, Maryland tops the list, while Jersey City, New Jersey is tops for Cultural diversity and Badger, Arkansas is tops for Economic diversity.
- Clarksburg, West Virginia is number one for Household diversity and Richmond, Virginia tops the list for Religious diversity.
Top Ten Most Diverse Cities In America
(click herefor the complete list)
- Houston, TX
- Jersey City, NJ
- New York, NY
- Dallas, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Silver Springs, MD
- Arlington, TX
- Long Beach, CA
- Chicago, IL
- As for the least diverse city in the U.S. that would be Provo, Utah, which scores only a 55.38 out of 100.
Other tidbits from the report include:
- Oakland, California has the most racial and ethnic diversity in the country, while Hialeah, Florida has the least.
- San Jose, California has the most linguistic diversity, while Clarksburg, West Virginia has the least.
- Jackson,Wyoming has the most birthplace diversity, while Greenville, Mississippi has the least.
- Richmond, Virginia has the most religious diversity, while Orem and Provo, Utah have the least.