The weight of the snow and icicles hanging from roof are something we're all experiencing right now...but what should you do about it?
What you should and should NOT do:
- Do not go on your roofs to try to clean the snow off. You don't know if there is a layer of ice hidden under the snow.
- Roofs in the area should be built and up to code to handle the weight of snow, so resist the urge to clean it off.
- Once ice is on gutters, don't pick at it yourself. You could damage your gutters.
- Try to safely inspect vent pipes to make sure there is no ice forming around them to block the exhaust.
- Be prepared for possible flooding as the snow starts to melt.
- Don't crank your heat up as it causes strain to the system when temps are so cold.
- Change your heat filters to make sure they're performing as best as possible!
You can see more below from CBS2!